|Initialisation date:||[ ]|
|Structural Type:||[ ]|
|Functional Type:||[ ]|
Shared Reference Notes
- Lactate, obtained from the fermentation of non-digestible compounds of dietary fiber, could equally influence the production of propionate and butyrate
- [1.2] [#Obesity]
- Maternal consumption of #Sweeteners > altered cecal microbial composition and metabolism of #Propionate/lactate in their offspring. - Offspring daily body weight gain, liver weight and body fat > correlate positively to the relative abundance of key microbes and enzymes involved in #Succinate/#Propionate production while negatively correlated to that of #Lactose degradation and lactate production. - The altered #Propionate/lactate production in the cecum of weanlings from aspartame and stevia consuming dams implicates an altered ratio of dietary carbohydrate digestion, mainly #Lactose, in the small intestine vs. microbial fermentation in the large intestine.
- Decreased BCAAs and increased TCA intermediates and lactate are common indicators of a broad spectrum of inflammation.
- [1.4] [#Behcet’s Disease] [#Butyrate, #Lipopolysaccharide]
- These results showed that the gut microbiota in BD patients was enriched with lactic acid-producing bacteria, #Sulfate-reducing bacteria, and some opportunistic pathogens but lacked #Butyric acid-producing bacteria and methanogenic bacteria. - In mice receiving BD feces, it was observed that the intestinal barrier was disrupted with low expression of tight-junction proteins, leading to LPS release into circulation. - enrichment of #Bilophila, Alistipes, and #Paraprevotella was observed in the BD-recipient group.
- [1.5] [#Gastric bypass surgery]
- #Lactococcus, #Streptococcus, and #Granulicatella are lactate-producing microorganisms, whereas #Dorea and #Blautia are lactate oxidizers
- - lactate availability is crucial for #Butyrate producers and, therefore, colon epithelium health
- excessive neuronal activity accelerates glycolysis to generate lactate, which translocates to the extracellular space to slow neuronal firing and inhibit excitatory transmission via HCA1R. These studies may identify novel anticonvulsant target and #Seizure termination mechanisms.
- [1.7] [#Dorea formicigenerans]
- D. formicigenerans is a carbohydrate-fermenting bacteria producing #Formic acid and lactate
- [1.8] [#Adult age, #Infants]
Infant > High abundances of lactate, #Pyruvate and #Formate reflect an immature microbiome since these metabolites are typically converted into other metabolites in the adult gut.
- [#Infants] Infant > Weaning > increased Lactate, #Pyruvate, and #Formate
- [1.9] [#Veillonella atypica] [#Athletes, #Sport]
- increase in #Veillonella relative abundance in marathon runners postmarathon. - #Veillonella utilize lactate as their sole carbon source > at higher relative abundance postexercise > convert lactate to #Propionate. - V. atypica improves run time via its metabolic conversion of exercise-induced lactate into #Propionate, thereby identifying a natural, microbiome-encoded enzymatic process that enhances athletic performance. - intrarectal instillation of #Propionate in mouse is sufficient to reproduce the increased treadmill run time performance observed with V. atypica gavage.