|Initialisation date:||[ ]|
|Structural Type:||[ ]|
|Functional Type:||[ ]|
Shared Reference Notes
- Fructooligosaccharides (FOS) modulated the gut microbiome profiles, such as an increase in the abundance of Ruminococcacere (phylum level) and a decrease in the abundance of Akkermansiaceae (family level) and Verrucomicrobia (phylum level), and significantly increased the levels of Trp and 5-hydroxytryptamine (5-HT).
- [1.2] [#humanized Galactooligosaccharides, #Short Chain Fatty Acid]
- prebiotics that promote SCFA production such as fructooligosaccharides (FOS), galactooligosaccharides (GOS) or #Inulin, have been shown to have multiple beneficial immune- and metabolic- effects that can ultimately improve cognition.
- [1.3] [#Bifidobacteria, #Bifidobacterium adolescentis, #Bifidobacterium pseudocatenulatum] [#Human milk oligosaccharides, #Inulin]
- 2′FL/LNnT were bifidogenic for both age groups, 3′SL/6′SL and FOS/IN were exclusively bifidogenic for children and adults, respectively. - 3′SL/6′SL stimulated B. pseudocatenulatum (abundant in children), FOS/IN enhanced B. adolescentis (abundant in adults). - increased #Acetate, #Propionate and #Butyrate (only in adults) with product- and age-dependent differences.
- [1.4] [#humanized Galactooligosaccharides]
- #Lactobacillus and #Bifidobacterium specialize in oligosaccharide fermentation, utilizing galactooligosaccharides (GOS), fructooligosaccharides (FOS), and #Polysaccharide #Inulin