|Initialisation date:||[ ]|
Shared Reference Notes
- [1.1] [#Parkinson’s Disease]
- #Alpha-synuclein fibrils injected into gut induce #Alpha-synuclein pathology which spreads from gut to brain, and that vagotomy stops the spread. - persons who had complete truncal vagotomy decades earlier had substantially reduced incidence of PD later in life
- [1.2] [#Depression]
- inoculation of healthy mice with GM from UCMS mice activates the Vagus Nerve and induces early and sustained changes in both #Serotonin and #Dopamine neurotransmission pathways in the brainstem and HPC. - Vagotomy abrogates adult HPC neurogenesis deficits, neuroinflammation and depressive-like behavior, suggesting that vagal afferent pathways are necessary to drive GM-mediated effects on the brain.
- [1.3] [#Lipopolysaccharide]
- Preclinical studies have verified that subdiaphragmatic vagotomy blocked the development of #Depression-like behaviors in rodents after LPS injection or #Fecal Microbiota Transplantation (FMT) from Chrna7 knock-out mice with #Depression-like behaviors