Please enter your credentials and Sign in.
MetaBiom is compatible with the latest versions of browsers that support HTML5 and CSS3 (preferably Chrome, Firefox, Edge or Opera)
What is MetaBiom?
MetaBiom is an independent knowledge portal for chronic diseases and their relationship to the human microbiome.
Our main aim is to offer all interested healthcare professionals, especially medical experts, an alternative way of looking for new ways to prevent, diagnose and cure such diseases. The use of MetaBiom is free of charge for all users.
MetaBiom is not a journal system, but a platform to disseminate and integrate important evidence, clues and associations between the microbiome and chronic diseases in a meaningful approach.
MetaBiom has no rating for the sources. All content should be critically evaluated, taking into account the sources of information and the expertise and possible bias of the authors.
MetaBiom contains the following elements:
- - Evidence : Published, open source sources and references that can demonstrate possible links between disease, microbiome, metabolome and factor.
- - Disease : Symptoms and conditions of a chronic health disorder associated with a specific microbiota diversity, metabolome or factor.
- - Microbiota : Potential microbiota for which the population size relative to the normal healthy state and their location in the specific host could result in certain disease states or symptoms. They can be defined as class, ordinal, family, genus, species, and even binomial names.
- - Metabolome : metabolites/substances used by the microbiota (prebiome), produced by the microbiota (postbiome) or used against the microbiota (antibiome) which could lead directly to a specific disease process or indirectly as an adjuvant to other disease-related mechanisms. MetaBiom not only takes into account the health benefits through these specific definitions of prebiomes, postbiomes and antibiomes as such, but also possible hazards.
The terms prebiome, antibiome, postbiome are used here temporarily until approved or replaced by official upcoming terms.
- - Factor : Conditions that can alter the absolute or relative abundance of the microbiota and potentially predispose to disease or symptom variation.
The following Terms and Conditions apply for use of MetaBiom :
Access to MetaBiom indicates your acceptance of the following Terms and Conditions which apply to all data obtained from MetaBiom independent of format and method of acquisition and are in effect as long as the user retains any of the data obtained from MetaBiom.
- - It is not the intention of MetaBiom to provide specific cure advices but rather to provide healthcare professionals, investigators and patient with information to better understand possible curing methods of specific disorders. MetaBiom will not substitute the consultation with a qualified physician for consultation, diagnosis and treatment.
- - Services and Data provided by MetaBiom are free of charge and provided globally for scientific purposes.
- - There is any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information with respect to data contained in the MetaBiom, and, furthermore, assume no liability for any party's use, or the results of such use, of any part of the MetaBiom. MetaBiom is not responsible for any use, including, misuse of information accessible on MetaBiom website.
- - Data extracted from MetaBiom can be freely distributed and copied. However, any publication or dissemination of this data should cite the original source of the data.
- - Data extracted from MetaBiom are not considered to be used for marketing or other advertising purposes.
- - MetaBiom Web pages may provide links to other Internet sites. MetaBiom is not responsible for the availability or content of these external sites, nor does MetaBiom endorse, warrant, or guarantee the products, services, or information described or offered at these other Internet sites.
- - MetaBiom has no interfaces to other systems and organizations. information will not be willfully transferred to other third parties by MetaBiom.