|Authoring date:||[ ]|
|Structural Type:||[ ]|
|Functional Type:||[ ]|
- An interesting increase in urolithins was observed in the MedD group.
- Urolithins are gut microbial metabolites of ellagitannins.
- Dietary sources of these polyphenols are berries, pomegranate and walnuts.
- Urolithin A improve intestinal barrier function in a preclinical model.
- Urolithin is involved in the prevention of prostate, endometrial and breast cancer in vitro.
- Urolithin levels is negatively correlated with cardiometabolic risk factors such as triglycerides and BMI.
- [1.1] Mediterranean diet intervention in overweight and obese subjects lowers plasma cholesterol and causes changes in the gut microbiome and metabolome independently of energy intake  [Research]  [GUT Microbiota]